Buying a Home
Buying a home is an exciting time in your life! Let Halo help make that dream a reality and take away all of the stress that goes along with purchasing your new home. Whether you are purchasing a new construction, an existing home, or just an open space for future enjoyment, representation by a Halo Group Realty, LLC agent is a valuable tool in making your dreams come true.
For some, buying a home is the largest investment that they will make in a lifetime. At Halo Group Realty, LLC we strive to make that process a simple and painless transaction. We will guide you every step of the way to make purchasing your home enjoyable and exciting…as it should be! We are here to do all the work so you can have a pleasurable experience.
10 Steps to Home Ownership
- Meet with your Halo Group Realty, LLC agent, in person is always best, but if time or location doesn’t permit it, a phone call can get this process started.
- Establish the representation agreement. Halo’s services are always free for every buyer, and to protect you to the fullest extent a standard Buyers Representation Agreement should be signed by you and your Halo agent.
- Pre-Qualification is a very helpful tool in negotiation these days, we suggest meeting with a mortgage lender to make sure any offer you submit can be secured with a mortgage.
- During the first 3 steps, your Halo agent already has an idea of where you would like to purchase a home, and in what price range we should be searching. We will narrow down those homes and begin viewing properties.
- Prepare and present an offer to the seller of the property and collaboratively negotiate any counter offers that may have come.
- It is now time to order your inspection of the property and respond to the inspection report during the option period.
- Finalize all Lending requirements with the mortgage company you have chosen.
- Review the title commitment, restrictions, and Home Owner Association documents.
- Attend your closing at your local title office to execute all closing documents.
- After the funding of your loan, which is normally 2 hours after closing, you will be given your keys and you are the proud new owner of your home and can begin moving in!!
Building a Home
Buying a “new construction” or building your new home can be a daunting task on your own, but Halo can help you every step of the way, from choosing the city and neighborhood, all the way to your “punch through” list, and everything in between. We are familiar with all of the local builders, their inventory, pricing, incentives and how responsive they will be to you after you move in to your new home. Some buyers feel they will get a lower price if they try to buy a new home without a realtor. This is simply not the case, as the realtor commission is already built into the price of any new construction home. The builder would like you to believe otherwise, so that they increase their margins while you never fully realize any substantial savings. We are here for your protection, we will make sure you do not overpay or make a decision based on emotion when long term reason is more prudent. It will also be necessary for you to keep a great relationship with your builder, let Halo be the one asking the tough questions when necessary.